《Invictus》
Out of the night that covers me,透过覆盖我的深夜,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,我看见层层无底的黑暗。
I thank whatever gods may be,感谢上帝曾赐我,
For my unconquerable soul.不可征服的灵魂。
In the fell clutch of circumstance,就算被地狱紧紧攫住,
I have not winced nor cried aloud.我不会畏缩,也不惊叫。
Under the bludgeonings of chance,经受过一浪又一浪的打击,
My head is bloody,but unbowed.我满头鲜血都不低头。
Beyond this place of wrath and tear,在这满是愤怒和眼泪的世界之外,
Looms but the Horror of the shade,恐怖的阴影在游荡。
And yet the menace of the years,还有,未来的威胁,
Finds,and shall find,me unafraid.可我是毫不畏惧的。
It matters not how strait the gate,无论我将穿过的那扇门有多窄,
How charged with punishments the scroll,无论我将肩承怎样的责罚。
I am the master of my fate:我是命运的主宰,
I am the captain of my soul.我是灵魂的统帅。